Friday, May 23, 2014

Five for Friday: Last Day of School!!

It's Friday, which means it's time to link up for 


Here are the highlights from my week: 




Last Friday, my kids gave their Author Study presentations they had been working on at home for three weeks. As usual, they impressed me so much with their professional looking displays and their knowledge of their authors. They told us some facts they learned about their author, some of the titles their author had written, and read part of one of their chosen author's books to the class. 



This past weekend was a princess weekend for my older daughter! We went to see Disney on Ice on Saturday just the two of us, and she loved it! But I think her favorite part of the weekend was her photo session dressed like Elsa. A local boutique and a photographer teamed up for a Frozen weekend - they even let us borrow the dress for the session! So fun! 



Monday was our Field Day! The weather was PERFECT, and my kids had a blast! We even came in first in most events, which was a first for me! 




Do you GoNoodle? My class LOVES taking "brain breaks." They beg for them, in fact, and on this particular day (Wednesday I think), we were just having a rough morning. GoNoodle to the rescue! We did a few activities (this was hurdles), and their moods were instantly better! If you've never tried it, you definitely should. Like Monday. Trust me!


Today was my LAST DAY of school! My sweet group of STARS and their parents gave me the most awesome gift - a bouquet of gift cards! I just love their faces! Seriously, I'm so spoiled. My school and our families are amazing. Each of my kids came up and gave me a huge hug (they could've just stopped there, and I would've been more than happy!), and then one of the moms brought in this bouquet! I was lucky enough to receive some other sweet gifts, and we spent the day wrapping up. 


We spent the most time finishing our memory boxes. You can grab the cover for FREE here. My sub and I saved one or two writing/craftivities from each month throughout the year, and today I helped them put them all in order in their memory boxes (12" or 14" white pizza boxes). I know they enjoyed looking at their work throughout the year, and I hope their parents do, too! My favorite part is always looking at their writing from the very first day of school. They're always surprised by how far they've come. 

Let the summer fun begin!! :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment