Thursday, January 1, 2015

January Currently!

Somehow another fabulous year has come to an end, and it's time to begin 2015!  

Here's what I've been up to today: 


Listening: At the time when I started this, my little family was hanging out in the basement, and my girls were watching Handy Manny on TV. 

Loving: I freaking love Christmas Break. Almost as much as Summer. And Spring Break is a close third. It's the best feeling in the world to be sitting in my living room snuggled up with my family in my sweatpants on a Thursday afternoon. I love me some sweatpants. 

Thinking: Alas, all good things must eventually come to an end, and I know Monday will be here before I know it. In fact, I kept having mini panic moments today thinking that today was Sunday. Yikes. A full five day week after two weeks off is never fun, but I went to school on Tuesday for a few hours to get some things done and organize my massive stack of papers I failed to file this semester, so I feel slightly more prepared. 

Wanting: I had REALLY hoped to finish a product or two over break. Or even a blog post. But I started this post around 1:30 this afternoon, and here it is now 9:20. My priority is always my family, so work takes a backseat when my babies are awake. My 14 month old is drawn to my laptop like a moth to a porch light, so there's really no getting work done when I'm home. There are still a few days left, so  we'll see how productive I can be these next few nights…

Needing: I. MUST. STOP. EATING. CRAP. Junk food has been my vice this entire school year. My name is Marissa, and I'm a hardcore stress eater. I love healthy food, but chips and cookies just taste so good. My main resolution for 2015 is to keep these items out of my shopping cart. Hopefully my bathroom scale will give me some good news in return. 

My definite YES: The second annual Spring Teacher Blogger Meet Up in French Lick, Indiana is happening the weekend of March 13-15, and I will most definitely be there. If you would also like to attend this AMAZING event, visit Holly Ehle's blog for more information. 

My Maybe: I really, really hope I can make it back to Vegas this summer for the I Teach 1st! and TPT conferences. Last year was amazing but crazy expensive. We'll see if I can make that happen…

My Wish: This wish is a total pipe dream at this point since I can't manage to even finish and post a product lately (see "Wanting" above). Most milestone sellers have at least ten times the products I have in my store, but I'll get there someday!! A big, huge thank you to all those who have supported me so far! 

Meanwhile, I'm thankful for a few more days off with my family before heading back to kick off the second semester of my eighth year of teaching!

Check out all of the other Currently posts at


Happy New Year, Friends!! :)


4 comments:

  1. Ummmm, I as well need to stop eating crap. The holiday season is GREAT for my tastebuds, but TERRIBLE for my waistline.

    I'm impressed that you have children, work, AND create for TPT. I'm lucky to get all my work stuff done in a week! I can't imagine adding anything else to it!

    Enjoy your second semester!
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck - I am impressed you have things in TPT. I am not fancy enough to make things with cute graphics. I often wonder how people do it. I buy and that's about it. I agree with you about Monday being here, too quickly. I'm not ready for vacation to end, but I am ready for this next chapter in my life to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, we have SO much in common!!! I feel the same way about blogging and TPT products, I want to SO bad, but my family always comes first!! I've really enjoyed spending time with my littles over the last two weeks, and you are so right, it's amazing to be home with them on a Thursday morning! I really want to start eating better as well! Somehow it all keeps ending up in my pantry, I just can't seem to say no! Hopefully we both can be better!
    Enjoy the rest of your break with your girls!!
    Chandra @ Teaching with Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to the TPT conference as well. I missed it last year. I would also love to hit a milestone, but that's very far away!

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success

    ReplyDelete