Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Liebster Award

Welcome to all of my new followers from the Blogger Meet Up Blog Hop! Congratulations to the winner, Angie Henry! I hope you enjoy all of your amazing prizes!! 

I'm writing today because Brittany from Nifty in First Grade nominated me for the 

This award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers as a way to welcome them to the blogosphere! So nice! 

As a nominee, my job is to answer Brittany's questions and share 11 random facts about myself before nominating five other new bloggers! 

Here are Brittany's questions and my answers:

1. What grade do you teach? What grades have you taught? How long have you been teaching? 

I currently teach first grade and LOVE IT! This is my seventh year of teaching, and the only other grade I have taught is Kindergarten. I am licensed to teach up to ninth grade in Language Arts and Reading, but I'll stick with first for as long as I can! 

2. Which book do you read to your class every year without fail? 

I always start the year off with First Day Jitters by by Julie Danneberg, and Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes is never far behind! My first graders have also been really into the Magic Tree House series

3. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be doing? 

It's a good thing I couldn't answer this question in 2007…otherwise I probably wouldn't still be teaching! My first year of teaching was an absolute disaster! But, I stuck with it, and I can't imagine doing anything else. Since I have two beautiful little girls now, I would definitely be a stay-at-home Mom if I weren't a teacher. I'd also love to be a children's book author!

4. What is one thing you're just dying to buy for your classroom? 

This one is easy…I want some Boogie Boards! They were given away at the Indiana Blogger Meet Up, and they look awesome! And now that I see that Amazon has them for $19.99, I may need to go ahead and just buy one to try out!

5. What's your non-teaching guilty pleasure? 

Um, I have a little bit of a TV obsession. My favorite shows are Friends (re-runs are on daily, and I may or may not be able to quote pretty much every episode), Grey's Anatomy, Glee, Chicago Fire, Parenthood, and Modern Family, and reality shoes like Keeping Up with the Kardashians, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, The Voice, and even Teen Mom on occasion. I'm sure I'm leaving some out. Whew, that's a little embarrassing! 

6. What is your favorite book that is not teaching related? 

My favorite book that I've read for pleasure recently (bed rest) was Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. Read it!

7. What is one thing on your bucket list? 

I want to meet Keith Urban or Justin Timberlake in person. I would die one happy woman. 

8. What is your favorite restaurant? 

I can't pick one! I love Biaggi's, Bonefish, Olive Garden, Jason's Deli, and some local favorites like El Patron, G.D. Ritzy's, and Lic's. I'm definitely not a cook, and I love going out to eat!

9. Who would play you in a movie about your life? 

Blake Lively or Reese Witherspoon. I loved Gossip Girl, and Sweet Home Alabama is one of my favorite movies!!

10. What's one thing you could eat every day? 

If someone could make them calorie-free and still taste amazing, I could without a doubt eat donuts every day. 

11. What inspired you to start blogging? 

I have thought about it for years, and I actually reserved this blog name two years ago, but it took me over a year to actually post anything! I have admired so many teacher bloggers for so long and wanted to be a part of their world. And I have to say, blogging and meeting other bloggers has been so inspiring and motivating! I'm so glad I joined the party! 


Next up: 11 random facts about me: 
  • I married my high school sweetheart. 
  • I think pets are weird. 
  • I'm a freak about grammar and spelling. I edit everything.
  • I can clap with one hand. 
  • I broke my nose in fifth grade when my knees hit my nose on vault during gymnastics practice.
  • I love Zumba. 
  • My dad took me skydiving for my 18th birthday. 
  • I studied abroad in the UK one summer in college. 
  • I could kiss my babies 1,000 times a day, and it would never be enough. 
  • I work well under pressure. Too well. If I don't have a deadline, it won't get done. 
  • I'm going to Vegas this summer!!
Now that you know a little bit more about me, I would love for my nominees to answer the same questions and tell us 11 random facts about themselves!

Here are the rules:
1. Link back to my blog as the one who nominated you.
2. Nominate five blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions I posted.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Contact your nominees to let them know they have been nominated.




Sew Much Music
Mrs. Banister's Kindergarten Kids



Thanks, Brittany! This was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment