Friday, July 19, 2013

Before

My principal asked me to move classrooms this year so I could have a bigger room. You're thinking, "A bigger room? That's awesome!" And yes, it will be when it's done. But for now, it's a big mess. And did I mention I'm six months pregnant?? Let me tell you, it's so frustrating to have a room full of stuff to move and not be able to lift any boxes or move any furniture by myself. So it's taking F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to get anything accomplished. I'll get there eventually (read: two weeks), but I wanted to post some before pictures so you can *hopefully* see the dramatic change sooner rather than later.

 View from the back corner of the room toward the door. Notice the beautiful pocket chart stand? Hubs made that for me - PVC pipe and spray paint, baby!

View from the door to the back corner.

My little love is making an appearance in the second shot. She's probably the best three year old helper ever, but it's still difficult to get too much done when she's there exploring everything. I'm determined to get everything in place in the next two weeks because school starts 4 weeks from Monday, and I REALLY want a week to plan. I brought home the first four or five reading manuals to go through this summer, and guess where they still are? If you said in my teaching bag in the laundry room, you are correct! We have a new reading series this year, which is overwhelming anyway, but factor in maternity leave with no files prepared, and I'm in full-on panic mode! Deep breaths. It will get done. I'll keep you posted on my progress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment